Professional-level video and audio editor created by Sony
- Category Editors
- License Trial version
- Version Pro (64 bit) 14
- Size 354.23 MB
- Works under Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7
- Language English
- Program by Sony Network Entertainment International
Sony Vegas Video turns your computer into a high-quality video editing tool that any professional would love.
No matter how careful you are with your digital video camera, mistakes can always happen. You never know quite how the light will look in the finished video, if you captured enough sound or whether the background was just too dark. There is always a chance that you might have blank spots in your videos or sections that you want to cut out because nothing happens. With Sony Vegas Video, you can now make professional videos that will wow and amaze your friends and family.
Though similar to Final Cut Pro and the video editing software available from Adobe, this one is easier to use. Even if you never edited a single video clip before, the manual contains everything you need in an easy-to-follow format. It lets you import your videos from your computer or other devices you can hook up to your computer to edit multiple videos together into one seamless clip.
The real reason you'll want to use Sony Vegas Video is because you can use it to create videos that look like all your favorite films. It comes loaded with hundreds of filters that let you layer videos on top of each other, brighten dark scenes and lighten up darker moments. You can use the special effects and text features to add titles, end credits and cut scenes to your videos, too.
Many people know Sony for its video equipment, but you'll love the great audio that this software provides. You can easily add a soundtrack to your film from music files on your computer and files that you find online. Sony Vegas Video even lets you cut together different songs or use multiple songs in longer videos.
The primary problem with this software is its timeline interface. As it pops up various windows, you may have a hard time keeping track of what changes you made and what edits you still need to do. There is also a risk that you might accidentally delete your clips without saving a copy first. It also lacks some of the more professional features you might want and is hard for beginners to use. If you want to edit your home movies and videos you shoot like a pro, Sony Vegas Video will definitely help though.
- Comes with hundreds of filters for changing backgrounds and other elements
- Supports HD formats and most other video formats too
- Produces the same high-quality videos and films as more-expensive products do
- Audio features help you add music and create your own soundtrack
- Special effects and other features let you add subtitles, end credits and other effects
- Confusing timeline interface
- Lacks some of the more professional features you might want
- Is hard for beginners to use
- Requires that you register the software before you can use it